Followers

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

About Me

My photo
Johannesburg, South Africa
I am 25 years old and have an absolute love for fasion and styling. Its something that comes naturally to me and because of this I always have friends and colleagues coming to me to ask for advice on where to purchase clothes, accessories, shoes or bags, how to wear certain items of clothing or how to match new clothing items with existing ones. Thats where I come in. I am here to help all you ladies with how to dress according to your body size and height, how to dig out old items in your wardrobe and "rejuvenate them", how to wear one item in 2 or 3 different ways, how to mix and match items and how to figure out what you really need to buy in terms of clothing, bags, accessories etc to maximise your current wardrobe. So for all you fashionistas out there who need a bit of inspiration and help with your current wardrobe ,I urge you to email me to Mazipan.FashionSavvy@gmail.com and I'll give you more info about the services I offer.

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Belt up!!!

Hi everyone!!! Im SOOOO sorry that I haven't updated my blog in a while but things have been so hectic!!! But nevertheless here I am :) Today's blog is about me inspiring you all to "belt up". I think that people don't realise just how a simple item like a belt can make or break an outfit. By wearing statement, sassy, funky or smart belts, you allow for your outfit to be taken to the next level! Please also remember never to wear shabby belts that are old, faded or frayed as it really does not reflect well on you as a person. Belts are really reasonably priced so you never have an excuse to wear one which looks old.

The first examples are some of my belts that I have collected over the years to give you an idea of what I am talking about.


Smart high waisted belts





Funky/Casual belts




Thin high waisted belts



Now I have the best tip for all you ladies to remember!!! If you're searching for belts, don't only look in the women's section, go to the men's belts and you will be SO surprised as to how many unisex ones are there that you can wear! I am living proof of this!!! I said to my brother the other day, "What am I going to do when you move out cause I won't have all your awesome belts to wear!!!". He just laughed at me but to be honest, nobody has ever said to me, "Almaza is that a men's belt you're wearing?". 

So below are some of my brother's belts that I wear to show you what I mean when i say that lots of men's belts are unisex and can be worn by women. 


My brother's smart belts which I wear





My brother's casual belts that I wear





As a rule of thumb - you should try and match the colour of your belt to the colour of your shoes. But for those of you who are more confident in their style, you don't have to always match the colour of your shoes to your belt as long as you match it to another item that is part of your outfit. So you could wear a brown belt with a brown bag or a brown belt with brown accessories. As long as it tones in with the colours that you are wearing you're good to go!!!

I urge you all to invest in "belting up" because trust me it will do wonders for switching up your wardrobe and creating different outfits and looks. 

For those of you interested you can follow me on twitter - @MazFashionSavvy. My website should be up and running in the next 2 weeks so as soon as it is I'll let you all know so you can go check it out and find out more about the service that FashionSavvy Consulting offers. 










2 comments:

  1. Please can you post some pictures on how to wear belts and what to wear them with?? My cupboard is full of belts but I never wear them because I don't know what to wear them with....

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure. I will post some pics tomorrow afternoon to show you different ways of wearing your belts. Regards Almaza

    ReplyDelete

What is your favourite item in your wardrobe currently?