Followers

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

About Me

My photo
Johannesburg, South Africa
I am 25 years old and have an absolute love for fasion and styling. Its something that comes naturally to me and because of this I always have friends and colleagues coming to me to ask for advice on where to purchase clothes, accessories, shoes or bags, how to wear certain items of clothing or how to match new clothing items with existing ones. Thats where I come in. I am here to help all you ladies with how to dress according to your body size and height, how to dig out old items in your wardrobe and "rejuvenate them", how to wear one item in 2 or 3 different ways, how to mix and match items and how to figure out what you really need to buy in terms of clothing, bags, accessories etc to maximise your current wardrobe. So for all you fashionistas out there who need a bit of inspiration and help with your current wardrobe ,I urge you to email me to Mazipan.FashionSavvy@gmail.com and I'll give you more info about the services I offer.

Thursday 9 June 2011

Belt up Part 2...

Hi everyone. I got a specific request after my last blog post asking me to please do a follow up blog on how exactly to wear belts. So here it is..... For me the thing about belts is that you need to try different ways of wearing them because you'll actually find out just how interchangeable they can be. I always say that if you never try something you'll never know if it will look good or not - trust me you'll be happily surprised when you are able to create a whole new look simply by wearing the same belt in a different way.

I specifically decided to choose just one belt and show you all how exactly the same belt can be worn in different ways, with different outfits to create different looks. Just because this is a "high waisted" belt, doesn't mean I can't wear it at my hips sometimes - the trick is to buy one size bigger so that you can wear it both ways.


Smart casual look


Party look


Weekend look


Corporate Business look


Funky look


One thing to always keep in mind is that belts DON'T have to only be worn in the traditional way!!! So for instance in the third example above, I have put my belt over my jacket instead of under it and I have worn it around my waist eventhough it is meant to be a "high waisted" belt. Regardless of whether the belt is thick in width or thin you can try all the above looks with them and decide what looks good or what doesn't work. It all basically comes down to trial and error but the more you try the more new looks you will create by wearing your belts in new ways. 

Hopefully this has inspired you all to think out of the box when it comes to your belts ad how you wear them. Go dig in your wardrobe for all your belts because Im sure you all have lots, and play around and "revive" them. You'll be shocked at the awesome results you'll achieve!!!

For those of you interested you can follow me on twitter - @MazFashionSavvy - for daily tips and advice. My webpage will hopefully be up very soon so Ill keep you all updated as to when it goes live so you can go check it out and find out more about what services I offer. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

What is your favourite item in your wardrobe currently?