Followers

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

About Me

My photo
Johannesburg, South Africa
I am 25 years old and have an absolute love for fasion and styling. Its something that comes naturally to me and because of this I always have friends and colleagues coming to me to ask for advice on where to purchase clothes, accessories, shoes or bags, how to wear certain items of clothing or how to match new clothing items with existing ones. Thats where I come in. I am here to help all you ladies with how to dress according to your body size and height, how to dig out old items in your wardrobe and "rejuvenate them", how to wear one item in 2 or 3 different ways, how to mix and match items and how to figure out what you really need to buy in terms of clothing, bags, accessories etc to maximise your current wardrobe. So for all you fashionistas out there who need a bit of inspiration and help with your current wardrobe ,I urge you to email me to Mazipan.FashionSavvy@gmail.com and I'll give you more info about the services I offer.

Friday 11 March 2011

Before meets After!!!

When I was thinking about what post I was going to right next I suddenly remembered something which most of us have in common - A bridesmaid dress. Most of us ladies out there have been bridesmaids at some or other point in our lives and what tends to happen is that we pay a fortune for these dresses but never end up wearing them again because they're never really what we ourselves would choose to wear or they're simply not appropriate unless you're going to a fancy ball. So I thought to myself, "I have the most exquisite bridesmaid dress stuck in the back of my cupboard from about 5 years ago but the chances of me wearing it again as is are next to zero", so I suddenly got a wave of inspiration - why not change it so that I can start wearing it again. So thats exactly what I did.  If you look at the before photo you will agree that this is a very formal top and skirt which is beautiful but lets be honest - what occasion would I ever be able to wear it to again? So all I literally did was remove the halter strap from the top to make the top look a bit more sexy and young and I shortened the skirt and voila!!!! This would probably cost you about R300 bucks to get done at a tailor and lets admit, where would you find an outfit of this calibre anywhere for a mere R300???? The answer is you simply wouldn't. So again ladies, I implore you to use those brilliant and creative minds of yours and go dig in your cupboard and see what outfits you can rejuvenate simply by altering them slightly!

                                                                        BEFORE              


                                                                          AFTER



FOR A PERSONAL CONSULTATION EMAIL ME TO Mazipan.FashionSavvy@gmail.com !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is your favourite item in your wardrobe currently?