Followers

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

About Me

My photo
Johannesburg, South Africa
I am 25 years old and have an absolute love for fasion and styling. Its something that comes naturally to me and because of this I always have friends and colleagues coming to me to ask for advice on where to purchase clothes, accessories, shoes or bags, how to wear certain items of clothing or how to match new clothing items with existing ones. Thats where I come in. I am here to help all you ladies with how to dress according to your body size and height, how to dig out old items in your wardrobe and "rejuvenate them", how to wear one item in 2 or 3 different ways, how to mix and match items and how to figure out what you really need to buy in terms of clothing, bags, accessories etc to maximise your current wardrobe. So for all you fashionistas out there who need a bit of inspiration and help with your current wardrobe ,I urge you to email me to Mazipan.FashionSavvy@gmail.com and I'll give you more info about the services I offer.

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Who knew.....

So tonight I thought I'd chat about how you can use one item for many different uses. All it takes is being creative and I always seem to come up with new ideas when I make an effort to play with what I have and see what I can do with it and how I can wear it. Sometimes its an absolute flop but let me tell you, most of the time, it works out and you come out with a fabulous new creation simply by wearing something in a different way. I mean who knew a scarf could be worn for 3 different uses and who knew a necklace could be worn as a bracelet?

The first example is a scarf - we all have one and yet we all think we can only wear it in the traditional way which is around our necks. But that is not the case at all, in fact, scarfs are so much fun to play around with and can have so many different uses! If you have a look at the first photo, I have tied the scarf around my neck, which is the traditional way that everyone wears it but it looks good nevertheless. In the second photo however I have rouged the scarf together and put it around my waist and this is such a great look - so essentially you are using your scarf as a belt. In the third photo I have tied the scarf around the handle of my bag and this creates a chic and timeless look and adds such character to a plain black bag.





The second example is a necklace - this is something we all have and again we all seem to think we can only wear it as a necklace. But thats where you're wrong again, a necklace like the one in the first pic can easily be worn as a bracelet too, simply by twisting it around your wrist until it fits and if its still a bit big you can tuck the excess part under the rest under your wrist where you won't see it and voila, you have an awesome chunky bracelet which looks fabulous!



So as always, I sincerely hope that I have inspired you fashionistas out there to think "out of the box" when it comes to your clothes and accessories and by doing so, you'll surprise even yourself with the phenomenal results!!!

TO SET UP A PERSONAL CONSULTATION YOU CAN CONTACT ME ON Mazipan.FashionSavvy@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is your favourite item in your wardrobe currently?